Looking for a little numerical magic? Six is the star of the show, from petals to dice, and we’re here to unravel its mysteries just for you.
So, Which things come in sixes? Or Which things comes in group of six? Various things come in sets of six. For instance, eggs are commonly packaged in cartons of six, dice in board games typically have six sides, six-string guitars are a standard configuration in music, hex nut, six seasons and so on.
This article will comprehensively analyze the list of things that come in sixes, their meaning, uses, and how we are used to with them in our subconscious mind. Brace yourself for a journey through the delightful intricacies of things that embrace the magic of six.
A Visual List of Things That Come in Sixes
Explore a captivating visual compilation featuring various items that gracefully appear in six. From nature’s wonders to everyday objects, this list unveils the aesthetic symmetry and harmonious appeal found within groups of six.
1. Eggs: Eggs are known for being a rich source of protein, essential vitamins, and minerals. They contain all nine essential amino acids that the human body requires. Eggs are often sold in cartons of six.
This quantity is convenient for recipes and meals, striking a balance between having enough eggs for cooking and avoiding unnecessary waste.
2. Benzene: Benzene is a chemical compound with the molecular formula C6H6. It is an organic compound consisting of six carbon atoms arranged in a ring.
It is a colorless, flammable liquid that has a distinct sweet odor. Benzene is a volatile liquid with a relatively low boiling point and melting point.
3. Seasons: One well-known system of six seasons is found in the Bengali calendar, used in Bangladesh and parts of India. These are Spring, Summer, Rainy Season, Autumn, Pre-Winter and Winter.
This six-season system reflects the more intricate climatic changes in regions where distinct shifts between hot, rainy, and cool periods are more pronounced.
4. Sextuplets: Sextuplets is also known as “sextuplet births.” It means giving birth of six babies from a single pregnancy. The occurrence of sextuplet pregnancies is exceedingly rare.
5. Hexapods: Hexapods are a diverse and abundant group of arthropods characterized by having six legs.
They encompass a wide range of insects, as well as other related arthropods. Hexapods belong to the subphylum Hexapoda within the phylum Arthropoda.
6. Six Slices of Pizza: Sharing a pizza with friends or family? A pizza typically comes sliced into six equal parts, but deciding who gets the last slice might lead to a friendly battle!
7. Sixth Sense: “Sixth sense” often refers to an ability or perception beyond the five traditional senses of sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell.
It’s often used to describe an intuitive or extrasensory perception that goes beyond our usual sensory experiences. It’s sometimes described as a “gut feeling” or an unexplainable sense of knowing.
8. Computer Keyboard: Keyboards are essential tools for typing, navigating through software, and interacting with the digital world. Computer keyboards typically have six rows of keys, each serving a specific purpose or containing a group of related keys.
The arrangement of keys in rows may vary depending on the keyboard’s design and layout. Here’s a general overview of the typical key arrangement in rows on a standard computer keyboard:
- Top Row (Function Keys)
- Number Row
- QWERTY Row
- ASDF Row
- ZXCV Row
- Bottom Row (Spacebar and Alt/Windows/Ctrl Keys)
9. Six-pack of Soda: A six-pack of soda typically refers to a package containing six individual containers or cans of carbonated soft drinks.
When you’re looking to quench your thirst, a six-pack of your favorite soda can be the perfect companion.
This packaging format is common for beverages and provides convenience for consumers who want to purchase a small quantity of soda without committing to a larger quantity like a case or a bulk purchase.
10. Crayons: Crayons are colorful drawing tools that children and artists widely use for creating vibrant and imaginative artwork.
They are made from a combination of pigments, wax, and other materials that give them their distinct characteristics. Crayons come in various shapes, sizes, and types, making them a versatile medium for artistic expression. It often contains six basic colors.
11. Lacrosse: Lacrosse is a fast-paced and dynamic team sport that originated with Native American tribes in North America.
Lacrosse has evolved over the centuries and has gained popularity both as a traditional cultural activity and as a modern organized sport.
It is a physically demanding and strategic sport that combines speed, agility, teamwork, and individual skills. A typical lacrosse team has six members.
12. Spider eyes: Spiders are known for their unique and varied eye arrangements, which play a crucial role in their hunting strategies and overall survival.
Spiders with six eyes are relatively uncommon, but some species within the Sicariidae family, commonly known as recluse spiders, have six eyes arranged in three pairs.
13. Ice Hockey Player: In ice hockey, a team typically has six players on the ice at any given time during regular play. These six players are usually composed of-
- Three Forwards
- Two Defensemen
- One Goaltender
So, six players make up a team’s lineup on the ice during regular play.
14. Domino Dots: Dominoes are rectangular-shaped game pieces with dots on one side, typically used in various games and activities. The dots on dominoes are also known as “pips.”
The number of dots on each side of a domino tile ranges from zero to six. The arrangement of dots on each side determines the numerical value of the tile.
15. Woodwind Instrumentals: Woodwind instruments are a family of musical instruments that produce sound by vibrating a column of air within the instrument.
The term “woodwind” can be a bit misleading, as many modern woodwind instruments are made from a variety of materials, including wood, metal, and plastic.
Clarinets have multiple keys and finger holes, often more than six, to produce various notes. Woodwind instruments are used in various musical genres, including classical, jazz, pop, rock, folk, and more.
16. Chair Set: A standard dining set typically includes a table and a corresponding number of chairs. A dining set with six chairs is designed to accommodate six people comfortably for meals, gatherings, or other dining occasions.
Such dining sets are commonly used in homes, restaurants, and other dining spaces where a moderate-sized group needs to be seated.
17. Healthy Diet: Creating a healthy and balanced diet involves incorporating various nutrient-rich foods.
Here are six types of essential ingredients to include in your diet for optimal health, Fruits and Vegetables, Whole Grains, Lean Proteins, Healthy Fats, Dairy or Dairy Alternatives and Hydration.
18. Dinner Plates: A dinner plate set typically consists of a specific number of matching plates designed to serve individual food portions during meals.
A set of six dinner plates includes six individual plates, each intended to be used by one person at a dining table.
19. Six Tones of an Octave: In music theory, an octave is the interval between one musical pitch and another with double or half its frequency. In the Western chromatic scale, an octave is divided into twelve equal parts, known as semitones or half steps.
Within these twelve semitones, there are six whole tones or whole steps. To summarize, there are six whole tones in an octave, each spanning two semitones or half steps.
20. Over in Cricket: An over consists of six consecutive deliveries (or balls) bowled by a single bowler from one end of the cricket pitch to the batsman at the other end. The bowler delivers these six balls consecutively without any interruptions.
21. Muffin Tin: Muffin tins are typically made from metal, such as aluminum or steel, which conducts heat evenly.
Silicone muffin tins have gained popularity due to their flexibility, ease of release, and dishwasher-safe properties. It often contains six holes.
22. Hex Nut: A hex nut, also known as a hexagonal nut or a hexagon nut. It is a type of fastener commonly used to secure bolts and screws in mechanical assemblies.
Hex nuts have a hexagonal (six-sided) shape with internal threads that match the threads on the exterior of a bolt or screw.
23. Guitar Strings: A standard guitar typically has six strings, each tuned to a specific pitch. These strings are played to create different notes and chords, forming the basis of melody, harmony, and rhythm in music.
Standard Guitar String Names and Tuning (from lowest to highest pitch):
- E String (6th String)
- A String (5th String)
- D String (4th String)
- G String (3rd String)
- B String (2nd String)
- E String (1st String)
Related Post: 25+ Things That Come in Fives [Explored]
Mathematical Things That Come in Six
Let’s explore the exciting realm where numbers and symmetry meet, as we uncover how everyday math often dances to the tune of the number six.
- Hexagon: A hexagon is a six-sided polygon. A hexagon has six sides and six angles. All internal angles in a regular hexagon are equal, measuring 120 degrees each.
Hexagons are found in various natural and human-made contexts due to their unique properties and efficiency in filling space.
- Dice: A dice is a small, often cube-shaped object used in games and activities of chance or skill. It is typically marked with numbers or dots on its faces, allowing for random outcomes when thrown or rolled.
Dice are commonly used in games of chance, where the outcome is determined by the roll of the dice.
- Prime Factorization: Prime factorization is the process of expressing a positive integer as the product of its prime factors. Six can be factored as 2 * 3, representing its prime factorization. This shows that six is composed of two prime numbers multiplied together.
- Factors and Divisors: Six is a highly composite number with more divisors than any smaller positive integer. Its divisors are 1, 2, 3, and 6, making it divisible by those four numbers.
This property is essential in various mathematical contexts, such as number theory and algebra.
- Permutations of Six Objects: In combinatorics, permutations refer to the arrangement of objects in a specific order. There are 720 possible permutations of six distinct objects.
- Multiplicative Identity: Six is also interesting in terms of multiplication. Any number multiplied by six maintains its shape, as six is both a factor and a product in the multiplication table.
Famous Things That Come in 6
From legendary bands to historic landmarks, explore now the significance and allure these celebrated sextets hold.
- The Beatles: “The Beatles” is one of the most influential and renowned rock bands in the history of music. Formed in Liverpool, England, in 1960.
While they are commonly known as the “Fab Four,” they were originally a group of six during their early days in Hamburg, Germany, with Stuart Sutcliffe and Pete Best as additional members.
- A six-line stanza: A six-line stanza is also known as a sestet. It is a common poetic form that consists of six lines.
The six-line stanza allows poets to convey ideas, emotions, and imagery within a compact yet flexible structure.
- Six Nations Championship: The Six Nations Championship is often referred to as the Six Nations. The annual international rugby union tournament involves six European national teams. The participating teams are:
- Six Wives of Henry VIII: King Henry VIII of England is famously known for having six wives over the course of his life. His marriages profoundly impacted English history, politics, and religion.
- Six Days of Creation: The concept of the “Six Days of Creation” refers to the biblical narrative found in the Book of Genesis, which describes the creation of the world by God over a period of six days.
This narrative is significant in both Judeo-Christian and Islamic traditions and provides an explanation for the origins of the universe, life, and humanity.
- Six Dynasty: Six Dynasties refers to a period in Chinese history that spanned from approximately 220 to 589 AD.
The Six Dynasties period is characterized by a high level of cultural and intellectual exchange and the spread of Buddhism.
- Secret Intelligence Service, Six: The Secret Intelligence Service (SIS), commonly known as MI6 (Military Intelligence, Section 6). It is the United Kingdom’s foreign intelligence service.
- Six Flags: Six Flags is an American amusement park company known for its collection of theme parks across the United States as well as internationally.
The name “Six Flags” refers to the six flags that have historically flown over the state of Texas throughout its history: Spain, France, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the Confederate States of America, and the United States.
- The Brontë Sisters: The Brontë Sisters were a trio of 19th-century English writers who gained renown for their contributions to literature.
- Six-Second Vine Videos: In the past, Vine was a social media platform where users could create and share six-second looping videos, often resulting in hilarious and creative content.
- Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon: The “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon” game is a fun way to connect any actor to Kevin Bacon through mutual film appearances, highlighting the interconnectedness of the entertainment industry.
Six in Numerology
In numerology, the number six is often associated with qualities related to harmony, balance, nurturing, and love.
Numerology is a belief in the mystical and symbolic significance of numbers and their influence on various aspects of life.
Here’s how the number six is generally seen in the context of love and relationships:
- Harmony and Balance: The number six is often seen as a symbol of harmony and balance.
- Love and Relationships: Six is considered a number of love, compassion, and nurturing.
- Responsibility and Service: The energy of the number six is aligned with responsibility, service, and caregiving.
- Home and Family: Six is associated with the concept of home and family life.
- Creativity: The number six is also linked to creativity and artistic expression.
- Balanced Communication: In numerology, six is often connected to balanced communication and effective expression of ideas.
Numerology is a form of symbolism and interpretation, and its meanings are subjective.
People may find personal resonance with these interpretations or have different interpretations based on their beliefs and experiences.
Is six (6) a Lucky Number?
Yes, in many cultures and belief systems, the number 6 is considered lucky. In Chinese culture, the number 6 is considered lucky because it sounds like the Chinese word for “smooth” or “well-off.” It is associated with blessings, wealth, and good fortune.
Moving beyond nature, the realm of human creativity and invention also embraces the allure of six.
In my exploration of things that come in sixes, I’ve ventured into a world of patterns, structures, and meanings that transcend individual instances.
I promise to continually update this article as I come across more things that come in group sixes.
Did I forget something? Let me know in the comments!
If you enjoy this content about six? Then be sure to share it with a friend who might like it too!
You may also like: